Apple has updated its line of laptops with the iPad Air (2019), and iPad Mini (2019). But the iMac is also getting updated this year, announced Apple on 19 March.
We will see the iMac 2019 feature new processors, GPUs, and 4K-5K displays. The upgraded iMac line will compete with the iMac Pro, coming with great specs and features. Here’s what the iMac 2019 will bring this year.
iMac 2019: Specs & Features
The iMac 2019 will have Intel Core processors – up to 8 cores for the premium model.
There will be two different sizes:
- 5-inch iMac with Core i3, or 6-core processors, which can be configured to 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 (boosted up to 4.6GHz).
- 27-inch iMac with Core i5 or Core i7 processors, also upgradable to Core i9.
As for the GPUs, you get different configurations:
- 5-inch iMac:
- Radeon Pro 555X, 2GB of VRAM (Core i3 model)
- Radeon Pro 560X, 4GB of VRAM (Core i5 model) – can be configured to Radeon Pro Vega 20, 4GB of VRAM.
– 27-inch iMac – up to Radeon Pro 580X, and 8GB of VRAM (Core i9 model).
All iMacs will come with 8 GB of RAM, and most of them have 1 TB storage, the 27-inch model being able to be upgraded up to 64GB in RAM and up to 2 TB SSD storage.
The screens for all the iMacs have retina display, with the 21.5-inch iMac featuring 4K resolution, and the bigger model 5K resolution.
The operating system is pre-installed – macOS Mojave, the latest version of the desktop OS from Apple, which brings Dark Mode, Stacks and FaceTime. The OS also comes with iOS apps, which includes things like news, voice memos, home, and also a new Mac App Store.
iMac 2019: Prices
You’ll see the iMacs of 2019 come at prices as low as $1,299 for the 21.5-inch, and $2,299 for the 27-inch. Nonetheless, they are customizable, so any upgrades you want to make will cost a lot of money.
You can buy the new iMac 2019 from Apple Authorised Resellers starting with next week.